This week, I really have the 4th of July on the brain… You may have noticed that if you’ve seen all of the 4th of July dessert ideas I’ve been posting this week (from ice cream to sorbet to s’mores cookie sandwiches!). I just can’t help myself!
While I’m not a big fan of summer and hot sticky weather (I’m more of a fall girl), I do love outdoor get togethers and cookouts… So, I always get excited for the 4th of July because it means spending time with family and enjoying lots of great picnic food. So, it seemed only natural that I continue with that theme for this week’s Friday Favorites. Here are a few recipes that I think would be great for the 4th of July or any cookout this summer…
- It just wouldn’t be the 4th of July without some watermelon, would it? This year, jazz it up a bit with this lovely Watermelon, Heirloom Tomato, and Feta Salad from Gourmande in the Kitchen.
- Lemon is one of my favorite summer flavors (actually, one of my favorites all year!)… So, I cannot wait to make this Rich Lemon Ice Cream from eat. live. travel. write. I’m especially fond of the ice cream sandwiches that Mardi made with it!
- It’s no secret that I like s’mores… In any form, really! So, I’m looking forward to giving this S’mores Cheesecake from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures a try. Brilliant!
- Sure, hamburgers and hot dogs are great… But, next to dessert, the side dishes are usually my favorite part about a picnic. I am really loving this Three Bean Salad from A Thought for Food. Plus, it’s mayo-free, which I know makes a lot of people happy!
- If you’re looking for a refreshing drink idea for the 4th of July, be sure to check out these Fresh Mint and Watermelon Soda Floats from How Sweet It Is. And, for the adults, I think I might try substituting a fruity sparkling wine for the club soda.