This week has been a busy one for me… I haven’t had a lot of unusual appointments on my schedule, but I’ve been trying to accomplish a lot. In addition to my usual cooking, baking, and writing, I’ve also been in the process of redesigning the site… Making changes to the site are also pretty time consuming for me. I have been known to stare at different fonts for 2 hours at a time and rearrange the same widgets 10 times because I can’t decide which layout looks best!
I’m hoping to make the changes soon… As soon as I can make up my mind! In the meantime, though, I’d like to remind you that today is the last day to enter my Spices Inc giveaway… You have the opportunity to win your very own customized spice set, so you won’t want to miss it!
Now, let’s talk about my favorite blog posts from the past week, shall we?
- I love soft pretzels, so I’m especially fond of these Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels from The Sophisicated Gourmet. They remind me of the pretzels from the food court at the mall, except much, much better! Don’t miss reading about the funny experience that inspired these tasty pretzels, either… Anyone who has been to Penn Station in NYC should be able to relate.
- Are you a bit intimidated by making your own homemade puff pastry? Don’t be! Just check out this great Homemade Puff Pastry Tutorial from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures… She makes it look so easy and provides great photographs of every step!
- If you’re looking for a decadent and elegant dessert, be sure to check out this Orange Chocolate Mousse from Closet Cooking! I just need a good excuse to give it a try.
- I can’t wait to give these Cheddar Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Scones from Pinch My Salt a try… I imagine they would be fabulous paired with a nice bowl of soup or stew!
- You know those giant, soft chocolate chip cookies that you find at coffee shops and bakeries? If you’re a fan, you’ll have to try these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies from She’s Becoming DoughMessTic. I will be giving them a try… All in the name of research, of course.
- I am just in love with these Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Lemon Buttercream Frosting from Sugarcrafter. I love all things lemon, and these are over the top. I think they are a perfect way to welcome some warmer spring weather!