Today’s Friday Favorites are a bit different for one very important reason… Today is the 4th annual World Nutella Day!
You all know that I am a Nutella fan (and that I love participating in the Nutella Challenge). So, you know I couldn’t resist participating in World Nutella Day, which is hosted by Ms. Adventures in Italy and Bleeding Espresso. To celebrate, this week’s Friday Favorites will include some of my favorite Nutella recipes from other blogs, a few of the Nutella recipes I have developed, and even a brand new Nutella recipe developed specially for the occasion! It’s a three-for-one post!
My Nutella Day Friday Favorites…
I did a quick search in my RSS reader when picking my favorite Nutella posts for this week’s Friday Favorites, and I was amazed how many great Nutella recipes I found! It was really hard to pick just a few, but I managed. Buy an economy-sized jar of Nutella, because you’ll want to try each and every one of these recipes:
- These Chocolate Nutella Turnovers from Bake at 350 look like the perfect treat to enjoy with a cappuccino or a latte. You can’t go wrong with puff pastry, chocolate, and Nutella.
- Just looking at these Nutella Filled Doughnuts from Bell’alimento makes my mouth water. I don’t usually do much deep frying, but I think I’d be willing to make an exception in this case.
- The swirl on top of this Kabocha Walnutella Cake from Bread + Butter is simply irresistible. Just take a look at it and tell me you don’t want a piece… I dare you.
- Next time you want to make cookies, give these Nutella Pocket Cookies from La Fuji Mama a try. They come highly recommended by her adorable daughter, Squirrel!
My Previous Nutella Creations…
If the posts I mentioned above haven’t given you enough ideas, here are a few of my recipes using Nutella!
- Eat Your Veggies for Dessert – Chocolate, Carrot, and Squash Cupcakes with Nutella Cream Cheese Icing
- Nutty Nutella Oatmeal Chip Cookies
- Monster Munch – Caramel Nutella Popcorn
- My Contribution to the 12 Days of Cookies – Caramel Nutella Crisps
Finally… A New Nutella Recipe!
This has been a pretty busy week for me, so I didn’t have a lot of time to bake (and, I didn’t want to do too much baking… but that’s tomorrow’s #10in10 post!). I was racking my brain trying to come up with a fun, new Nutella recipe that didn’t require a huge time commitment, and then it hit me… Rice crispy treats made with Nutella!
To jazz up these rice crispy treats a bit, I used a round cookie cutter to cut out the individual treats. Then, I drizzled them with chocolate. If you want to cut them into squares, though, that’s perfectly OK!
Crispy Nutella Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Milk chocolate chips
Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
Start by melting the butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir into the melted butter. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from the heat, and stir in the Nutella.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the crispy rice cereal with the marshmallow mixture. It may help to use a plastic/silicon spoon that has been coated with cooking spray. Once all of the cereal has been incorporated, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Use your fingers to spread the mixture out evenly in the pan. Allow to cool for about an hour.
Once the treats have cooled, they are ready to cut. Use a cookie cutter to cut rounds out of the pan (and snack on the scraps). Drizzle each round treat with melted chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before serving. The treats can be kept in an airtight container, layered with pieces of parchment paper.