The holidays are officially here. I can attest to that based solely on the crowds at the mall on Friday!
While I do enjoy going shopping on Black Friday with my mom each year, I never seem to finish up all of my Christmas shopping. This year, I barely made a dent in my list.
Since I know that many of you are in the same position, this week I am going to focus on gift ideas to help you tackle your list with as little stress as possible. I’ve got some online shopping suggestions, homemade gift ideas, and more. Plus, I’ve got a few fun giveaways to help you cross a few things off your list, as well!
Food Blogger Gift Ideas…
For Cyber Monday, I thought I’d highlight a few of my favorites for food bloggers (and anyone else who loves to spend time in the kitchen!)…
I don’t know many food bloggers, cooks, or bakers who wouldn’t be thrilled with a new cookbook or two this holiday season. Here are a few of my favorites from the past year…
- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving – It seems to me that canning and preserving is becoming more and more popular each year. I know I can’t get enough! This book is one of my favorites and it’s a great guide for anyone who’s just getting started. Add a set of pretty jars or canning supplies for a great gift!
- King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion – This isn’t a new one in my kitchen, but it’s definitely one of my favorites! This cookbook is a must-have for all of the cookie lovers out there. I don’t think I’ve tried a recipe from this book that I haven’t loved!
- Cook Like A Rockstar – I don’t yet have a copy of this book (hint, hint…), but I know it’s one that I will love. I’m not a real big fan of most celebrity chefs, but I love Anne Burrell’s style. And, her food is fabulous. I’m pretty sure this book is full of great recipes and techniques that will take dinner to the next level!
Sure, I could list lots of gadgets and appliances that every foodie would love. But, you’ve seen all of those before. So, this year, I thought I’d highlight a few of the non-food accessories in my kitchen!
- Bose SoundDock – I love to listen to music when I’m in the kitchen. Loud music. In fact, sometimes my hubby complains that my music is too loud. I love that I can dock my iPhone into the SoundDock and let it charge while I listen to music. Plus, it doesn’t take up a lot of space, so it’s perfect for the kitchen!
- Ravelli Tripod – I’m pretty sure that anyone who likes to blog about food knows how important it is to have a good sturdy tripod on hand. I use mine all of the time to keep my camera accessible, yet out of the way, when I’m working on recipes for the blog!
- Moleskine Notebook – I do a lot of things online, but when it comes to developing recipes, I am still a paper and pen kind of girl. One of my favorite things to splurge on is a nice notebook for jotting down ideas, recipe notes, and more.
Just for Fun…
I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes I do enjoy practical gifts. But, it can also be fun to receive things that are just for fun. You know, those things that you probably wouldn’t buy for yourself, but they make you smile every time you see them.
- Photos to Canvas – This is a gift idea that I’m really loving this year. I can’t think of a better gift for a foodie photographer than to have one of his/her favorite photos printed on a canvas. This is definitely a personal gift that will score you some extra points!
- Cozy Slipper Boots – Ok, this is probably only a good idea for the ladies out there. But, I think it’s worth mentioning! I spend an awful lot of time in my kitchen during the winter, and most of the time, I’m sporting my cozy slipper boots. They’re comfy, stylish (well, sort of…), and they keep my toes warm on chilly winter mornings.
Photos to Canvas Giveaway!
To help you along with your holiday gift list, I’m happy to announce a great giveaway from Easy Canvas Prints. They have agreed to give one lucky reader the opportunity to create an 11 by 14-inch canvas for free!
Congratulations to Julie of Bananas For Bourbon… She was randomly selected as the winner of the canvas and can turn one of her favorite photos to canvas!
I’ve also got some more good news… Even if you don’t win the giveaway, you can still create your own custom canvas. Check out Easy Canvas Prints on Facebook for details on how you can get 50% off of your next order, as well as free shipping!
My Kitchen Addiction Disclosure- The giveaway item (custom canvas from Easy Canvas Prints) has been provided at no cost to me. I have not been otherwise compensated for this post. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
Please Note – All of the links to products on Amazon.com are Amazon affiliate links.