I am looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend, though. Part of my plan for the weekend include spending some time in the kitchen. That really is one of my favorite ways to relax! And, with lots of great new recipes to try, it looks like we’ll be eating well, too. Here are just a few of my favorites from the past week…
- This Sour Cream Coffee Cake from A Chica Bakes reminds me of one that my mom used to make when I was younger. It was one of the few cakes that she would allow us to actually eat for breakfast, so it was always a huge hit. Now I’m craving it again… For breakfast.
- I’ve never made a sweet potato pie before. I’m not even sure that I’ve ever tasted one. But, I simply adore sweet potatoes, and I cannot get this Southern Sweet Potato Pie from Add a Pinch out of my head. I will be making it very soon.
- Sure, I do love my dessert recipes, but it’s not all sweets here in my kitchen. Not all of the time, at least! And, once in a while, I see a great savory recipe that makes me forget about my love of sweets. This Beef and Red Wine Pot Pie from Smith Bites is one of those dishes. Just go take one look and tell me you’re putting it on the menu right away.
- Here’s another non-dessert that I can’t get out of my head. I can always use inspiration to keep salads interesting. This Roasted Squash Salad with Dates and Spicy Pecans from Healthy Green Kitchen is definitely interesting. Plus, you won’t want to miss the amazing new cookbook Good Food To Share (that the recipe comes from). Winnie will fill you in on all of the details!
- Ok, now back to the desserts! This time of year, I always seem to develop a mild obsession with gingersnaps. I love them. In all shapes and forms. But, I’ve never seen them made with pumpkin before. Not before I saw these Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod. I may have a new obsession.