With summer in full swing (and lots of hot and sticky days around here), my focus has been shifting a bit from rich, decadent desserts (which you see a lot of around here!) to light and refreshing dishes that don’t require a lot of effort and heat. It seems that my fellow bloggers are feeling the same way because I’ve been seeing tons of fresh recipes featuring lovely produce and great summer flavors. I had a really hard time narrowing it down to just a few (or 6!) favorites this week!
- I’ve been doing more baking with olive oil lately, and I just love the flavor it adds. I can’t wait to try this Lemon Basil Olive Oil Cake from 17 and Baking… It just looks perfect!
- Looking for a simple appetizer idea? I’m loving the look of these beautiful Watermelon Cups from Inspired Taste. The combination of salty feta and sweet watermelon is just perfect for summer!
- Is it strange that asparagus is my favorite vegetable? Well, maybe it’s pumpkin. I suppose it depends on the season. But, either way, I love asparagus quite a bit, and this Asparagus and Mint Summer Soup from Tastes Better With Friends is calling my name.
- I have always been a huge fan of lemon and lime pies. In fact, I can’t get enough. I think this Key Lime Pie with Vanilla Whipped Cream from The Merry Gourmet just might be my new favorite.
- I’ve already mentioned that I’m currently obsessed with garlic scapes. I can’t wait to try this White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip from Brown Eyed Baker. I have already added pita chips for dipping to my grocery list!
- It’s no secret that my ice cream maker gets put to good use during the summer. And, I have made my share of vanilla frozen yogurt. But, for some reason I’ve never made chocolate. It’s now on my list of must-makes after seeing this Chocolate Frozen Yogurt from Handle the Heat. Yum!