Oh my how time flies! It seems like just yesterday that I was contemplating starting a little blog to keep track of my recipes online (and spare myself the hassle of constantly hand writing recipe cards for friends and family!). Yet somehow I’ve now managed to write a few blog posts (oh, 600 or so) and I have reached my 100th episode of the Friday Favorites!
I feel as thought I should do something special to celebrate… But, it really did sneak up on me! I just sat down to write the post (after having already starred my favorites as I got caught up on blog reading this week… well, OK, I’m only partially caught up!), and was surprised when I noticed that my last post was number 99.
Strangely enough, though, most of my picks this week were sweets… Perfect for celebrating my 100th episode of Friday Favorites! If I was throwing a party to celebrate, you can bet that a few of these (perhaps all of them… I do have a sweet tooth!) would be on the menu. And, of course, you would all be invited!
- I always love when I order dessert at a restaurant and it is paired with a fun ice cream flavor… I am a sucker for ice cream. This Earl Grey Ice Cream from Gimme Some Oven reminds me of something I’d find at my favorite ice cream. Now, I just need to make some pastries to pair it with!
- Nothing says summer quite like berries… I just love summer desserts that are loaded with fresh berries! So, naturally, I am loving this Southern Blackberry Cobbler from Add a Pinch. I cannot get it out of my mind!
- If you’re thinking that it’s just too hot to turn on the oven and bake something this week, you will want to check out this Banana Pineapple Italian Ice from TidyMom. It’s light and refreshing, and you will love that there is no sugar added!
- I love cheesecake, but I think I may be an even bigger fan of these Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites from Handle the Heat. Just take one look at them and tell me you wouldn’t dig right in if you saw them at a party! These may just be my ultimate party dessert. Can’t wait to try them!
- My ideal breakfast is a nice big muffin and a cup of coffee. (Yes, I do realize that there is a reason my jeans are tight!) In a perfect world, I would eat these Blueberry Almond Coffeecake Muffins from Hungry Rabbit for breakfast every day… Because, in a perfect world, Ken would live next door and he would deliver them freshly baked each morning. I can dream, right?