Things are a bit slow around my house at the moment. My husband is doing a great job helping me out in the kitchen, and I have even mustered up the energy to do a few (small) things myself. Baby steps!
While I have managed to put a few dishes in the dishwasher, chop some garlic, and even mix up some teriyaki sauce, right now my kitchen adventures are limited to living vicariously through everyone else’s blog posts. And, as you might imagine, I’ve had plenty of time to sit and read blog posts, too!
So, I guess you could say that my theme for this week’s Friday Favorites is “dishes I wish I was making right now.” I have a feeling that my list of “must-makes” is going to be pretty long by the time I’m back on my feet in the kitchen. Until then, don’t miss these great recipes…
- I have found that mint grows much like a weed in my garden. I’m OK with that… I love mint! So, I can’t wait to try these Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes with Mint Infused Whipped Cream from Honey & Jam. They look like the perfect summer treat (and a great way to get rid of some mint)!
- Baked beans are one of my husband’s favorite foods. Though, I have learned to give them a chance from time to time, I have mostly hated them my whole life. I’ve been trying new recipes lately, though, since my hubby loves them so much. I’m looking forward to giving these Beer-Baked White Beans from The Bitten Word a try… I’m pretty sure my hubby will be a fan!
- Each summer, we get a lot of lettuce from our CSA. I do my best to use all of it, but it gets tough to find ways to make lettuce interesting week after week. I’m thinking that this Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese-Bacon Vinaigrette from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures will be a great way to mix things up this summer!
- I may have to take a few breaks in between slicing all of these onions, and it may take me an hour… But, I think that this recipe for 12 Hour Braised Onions from Bon Appetit Hon is one that I can handle right now. I can’t wait to try it… I think they’ll be incredible on pizza!
- I love potato salad… But, sometimes I get sick of the mayonnaise in it. I’m not a huge mayonnaise fan. So, I’ll surely be trying this mayonnaise-free Roasted Potato Salad from How Sweet It Is. Plus, since there’s no mayo, it’s perfect for summer picnicking!
- I know that I should be taking it easy, but somehow I need to muster up the energy to make this Olive Oil Ice Cream from The Merry Gourmet. I cannot get it out of my head!