It’s also made it difficult to pick just a few favorites for this blog post. There were lots of amazing recipes and stunning photos. Finally, I forced myself to narrow it down! Here are just a few of the posts that had my stomach grumbling late at night…
- If you ate pop tarts as a kid (or as an adult… I won’t tell!), you’ll love these Homemade Pop Tarts from Sugarcrafter. They look much better than the store bought ones, and she’s got some amazing flavor combos that you’ll never find on the grocery store shelf!
- Cinco de Mayo has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make this Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa from Brown Eyed Baker. Warm weather always puts me in a Mexican mood, and we eat lots of chips and salsa during the summer. I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!
- You know that I’m a big fan of all things homemade. Strangely enough, I have never made my own peanut butter. However, after seeing this Homemade Peanut Butter from Handle the Heat, I think I need to add it to my list for next week!
- Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables… For the first few years that we were married, I made it all the time, and my husband put up with it. Then, one day he told me he didn’t love it quite as much as I do. Oops! I’m sure that he will love this Asparagus for a Party from Dana Treat, though.
- If you grew up in the South, you may be familiar with hummingbird cake. I’m not, but I am loving the look of this Hummingbird Cake from Bluebonnets & Brownies. It seems like the perfect special occasion dessert… For Mother’s Day, perhaps!