I always enjoy writing my Friday Favorites post each week… It’s a fun way for me to wrap up the week and also share some of the blog posts that are making me smile (and making me hungry!). This week is no different! With the Super Bowl and Valentines Day both right around the corner, I’ve been finding lots of kitchen inspiration from other bloggers. Whenever I need an inspirational kick in the pants, so to speak, I know that I can rely on my fellow bloggers!
Here are just a few of my favorites from the blogosphere this week!
- Whenever it snows, I love to get up early and bake something for breakfast… There’s just something about watching it snow from my kitchen window. Next time we have a snow storm, I will have to whip up a batch of these Maple Oatmeal Scones from A Thought for Food!
- I’ve been in a bit of a “winter cooking” rut, making lots of heavy dishes. These Simple, Light Crab Cakes from How Sweet It Is look like the perfect way to mix things up and break out of my cooking slump! Even if you’re not in a slump like I am, I think they’d be great with some steak for Valentine’s Day, no?
- Speaking of dinners that would be great for Valentine’s Day… Don’t miss this Chicken Parmesan with Sundried Tomato Sauce from Good Life Eats! Though it may not be typical V-Day food, my hubby loves chicken parm, so he would be thrilled if I made this for him.
- Need some inspiration for your Super Bowl party next weekend? If you’re into ribs, you won’t want to miss these Cider Braised Pork Ribs from Add a Pinch. Even if you’re not having a Super Bowl party, you should make these.
- Have you been following the Pie Month posts over at the pêche? If not, you should be. As much as I love all of the decadent desserts they have posted, I am especially loving this savory Bacon and Egg Pizza Pie!