It’s Friday already, and it has been a whole week since I had my hand surgery! I am happy to announce that I am doing very well… Thank you all for your concern and well wishes! My fingers have been freed from “the claw” (the name my husband and I fondly named my giant bandage), and, though I have to be careful, I am getting back to my normal activities… Most importantly, I can now type two-handed again!
I will be getting back into the kitchen soon (I hope), which means there will be more new recipes to come next week. In the meantime, though, let’s take a look at some of the fantastic blog posts I came across this week!
- If you’re one of those people who is already planning out a big elaborate surprise for Valentines Day (and I admit that I am not… I am lucky to pick up a card in advance), you can’t miss these Cake Decorating Ideas from I Am Baker. These cakes are simple and easy to do (seriously), but they are also super cute and are sure to impress your sweetheart!
- Crème brûlée is one of my favorite desserts (and least favorite to type with all of the special characters!)… I always order it when my hubby and I go out to our favorite restaurant (which also happens to be the only place I ever order dessert). I am thinking that I’ll have to try making this Greek Yogurt Crème Brûlée from A Thought for Food.
- One of my favorite dinners at home is homemade takeout. We love to order Chinese, but I can never get past the guilt of knowing all of the junk that comes with it. I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try, so I’m adding this Cashew Chicken from Brown Eyed Baker to my homemade takeout menu!
- I’m in the mood to get back to baking after having a week away from my kitchen. I’m thinking that this Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures will have to go on the agenda for this weekend. It’s a perfect way to use some of that pumpkin I have stockpiled away in my freezer.
- And, speaking of things that I want to bake this weekend… As soon as my hubby sees that I have mentioned these Snickers and Chocolate Chip Cookies from How To: Simplify, I will have no choice but to make them this weekend. They look amazing, though, so I’m not complaining!