Now that the holidays are over, it’s time for me to get back to writing my usual Friday Favorites post! It’s been a few weeks, so I thought I’d just jump right in and get straight to the blog posts this week…
- Looking for a warm, comforting, and hearty meal that won’t undermine your healthy eating resolution? Be sure to check out this Lentil Soup with Smoked Paprika and Pancetta from Three Many Cooks. Smoked paprika is one of my favorite spices this time of year… I know this will be a fast favorite in my kitchen!
- I made lemon curd a few years ago to fill a cake, and it was fabulous… Now I’m wishing I had a Meyer lemon tree. I will just have to buy some lemons because I can’t resist this Meyer Lemon Curd from The Merry Gourmet.
- Take a moment and wrap your mind around this one… I think this Peanut Butter Hummus from How Sweet It Is is truly brilliant. I’m contemplating how delicious it would be smeared onto a wrap made with some grilled chicken.
- If you’re in the mood for something light, you won’t want to miss this salad of Lettuce with Oranges, Fennel, and Pomegranate from Good Life Eats. I’m not usually much of a salad person, but this looks like the perfect salad after lots of heavy holiday food.
- If I had to pick a favorite green, it would be kale. I don’t know why. But, since I also love garlic and tortellini, I am loving this Garlicky Tortellini Soup with Kale from Smith Bites. Fabulous!
- I love old recipes… Everything about them! The recipes handed down through families are some of the best ones. If you are a fan of recipes with some character, you won’t want to miss these Cherry Snowballs from Tastes Better With Friends.