In keeping with my 12 Days of Christmas celebration, I thought it would be fun to put together a cookie guide for this week’s Friday Favorites post. Christmas is just over two weeks away, so we’re entering into the prime cookie baking time of the year.
If you’re looking for new recipes to try this year, look no further!. Here are a few of my personal favorites as well as recipes from a few of my favorite bloggers that have caught my eye.
- When I think cookies, the first cookie that comes to mind is the chocolate chip cookie. Everyone has a favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and these Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies are at the top of my list.
- Another great Christmas cookie favorite is the peanut butter blossom. As a kid, I would always pull the Hershey Kisses off of the top and eating them first before eating the cookies. In fact, I will probably do that again when I make these Peanut Butter Blossoms from Brown Eyed Baker.
- Oatmeal cookies have become a holiday staple around my house in the last few years. These Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are my favorite.
- Linzer cookies are another holiday favorite. I just can’t get over these Eggnog Snowflake Linzer Cookies from Daydreamer Desserts. They are absolutely stunning, and I can only imagine how fabulous they must taste. I think they will be the perfect addition to my cookie plates this year.
- Perhaps it’s an old commercial, but I have this vivid memory of Santa eating Oreo cookies dunked in milk. If you’re an Oreo fan, you’ll definitely love these Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Evil Shenanigans. Consider leaving these out for Santa this year instead of the storebought ones, and you won’t have to worry about coal in your stocking!
- Blondies are another staple around my house. I’ve tried a lot of different recipes, but these Peanut Butter Blondies are the recipe I keep coming back to. For a festive twist, try swapping out the chocolate chips for some holiday M&Ms.
New Favorites to Try
- If you love chocolate chip cookies and you want to try something new this year, consider giving my Salty Sweet Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies a try. Your friends and family will be pleasantly surprised by the salty first bite!
- When I was younger, a family friend used to bring Mexican wedding cookies to our house each Christmas. They were my absolute favorite and I would wait for them to arrive. This year, I may have to make some of my own using this recipe for Mexican Wedding Cookies from Bluebonnets & Brownies!
- If you can’t decide what cookies to make this year, check out these Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Spice Cookies from I Am Baker. With all of the good stuff in these cookies, there’s sure to be something for everyone!
- If you’re a chocolate and caramel fan, you’ll love my Caramel Nutella Crisps. I can’t wait to make another batch this year!
- Want to try your hand at some cookie decorating? You can’t go wrong with these adorable Peppermint Candy Cookies from Bake at 350. Don’t worry, there’s a step-by-step tutorial to show you exactly how to decorate these gorgeous cookies!
- I think that these Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Dine and Dish are just brilliant. All the flavors of a cinnamon roll wrapped up in a cookie and topped with vanilla glaze… How amazing does that sound?
- I love chocolate and peppermint, so I can’t wait to try these Peppermint Bon Bon Cookies from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. The only problem with these is that I would be tempted to eat the whole batch!
- While we’re speaking of drinks turned into cookies, be sure to check out these Hot Cocoa Cookies from How Sweet It Is. She even dunked them in hot cocoa… This one’s so wrong that it’s perfectly right!
Cookies to Decorate
- I love decorating cookies for Christmas. Every year I make Gingerbread Cookies, and these are my favorite.
- If you’re not in the mood for gingerbread, but you want to do some decorating, give these Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies a try!
- For a bit of a twist, give these Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Good Life Eats a try. They have all of the traditional gingerbread spices with the addition of chocolate and orange zest. I can’t wait to give them a try!
- I don’t personally do a lot of gluten free baking, but I do have a few recipes up my sleeve when I am baking for my friends and family who have special diets. These Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies are a family recipe passed down from my great grandmother, and they just happen to be gluten free!
- If you love chocolate as much as I do, I’m sure you will adore these Cream Cheese-Truffle Brownie Cookies from Art of Gluten Free Baking. They just happen to be gluten free, but no one needs to know that!
- Whether you have to eat gluten free or you’re just looking for a new cookie recipe, I think you’ll want to check out these Rosemary Lime Cookies from The Sensative Pantry. They are packed with flavor and a special treat for any of your friends and relatives who can’t have traditional cookies baked with flour, eggs, and dairy.