As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not a big Halloween person. It’s just not something that I usually get really into, and I really haven’t posted too many Halloween recipes. I don’t want to leave you in the dark searching for recipes, though, so I thought it would only be fair for me to share a few of the great Halloween recipes I have seen on other blogs. Whether you’re planning a party or just looking for some fun, festive dishes to try, be sure to check out these great recipes!
- Maybe the reason I don’t usually do Halloween treats is that it’s a good thing if they sound gross… Take these Halloween Maggot Balls from Flamingo Musings, for example! They look delicious and disgusting all at the same time… And, for Halloween, I think that’s a compliment!
- Halloween doesn’t have to be all about sweets. In fact, I think the savory dishes are just as fun! I absolutely love this Spanaspookyta (i.e. Mummified Spanakopita) from Gourmeted. This would be a perfect appetizer for a Halloween party, if you ask me!
- Want to make a special Halloween breakfast this weekend? I’d definitely recommend these Pumpkin Pancakes from How To: Simplify. Want to make them a bit more ghoulish? Try simmering some fresh cranberries in your maple syrup for some “blood and guts” to top your pancakes with!
- I have a bit of a candy corn problem… If I have it in the house, I can’t stop eating it. It’s probably best if I don’t make this homemade Candy Corn from Sugarcrafter, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t give it a try! Imagine how impressed your friends and family will be if you make your own candy corn!
- Want to get your family to eat more fruit? Consider serving this Spiced Caramel Apple Dip from Add a Pinch. I know I wouldn’t be able to stop munching on apples if you put this dip in front of me. You can’t go wrong with a sprinkling of cardamom on top, right?
- In addition to my candy corn problem, I also have a caramel corn problem. So, it would be in my best interest to avoid this Homemade Cracker Jack from Brown Eyed Baker. But, I probably won’t. I will feel sick later and tell myself that I told me so.