I just love this time of year… Don’t you? The leaves here have started to change, and I have been enjoying the crisp, cold air in the mornings when I head out for a run. Plus, the holidays are right around the corner. Seriously… What could be better?
This time of year always gets me into the mood for holiday foods and comforting meals that warm up the chilly nights. I’ve already started contemplating all of the recipes I want to try for the holidays, so I think that may have influenced my picks a bit this week. If you’re in a chilly weather baking mood, I think you’ll like them, too!
- As soon as I saw these Witchy Wormy Cookies from Bake at 350, I immediately thought they’d be a fun Halloween cooking project for kids. You just might want to line the entire house with plastic to contain the inevitable ooey, gooey mess!
- I love to slather my banana bread with a good dose of peanut butter. So, it’s not really a stretch that I am loving these Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting from Cake Duchess. Just take one look and I think you’ll be hooked, too!
- You know I love pumpkin. We’ve been over that before. If you ask me, there’s nothing better in the fall than a good ole pumpkin muffin… Except maybe these Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel from Brown Eyed Baker. Check out the cream cheese center… Brilliant!
- I absolutely loved this post about Salted Caramel Cupcakes from A Sweet Spoonful… And, not just because the cupcakes look divine (which they do!). Megan also provided some much needed perspective about slowing down and not being constantly immersed in the hustle and bustle of every day life. It’s a beautiful post that you won’t want to miss!
- I am on a quest for the perfect macaroni and cheese recipe. I just love trying new mac and cheese recipes. So, you know I will be trying this Bacon Mac and Cheese from Savory Sweet Life. Did I mention it’s made with gruyère and rosemary?
- Sick of pumpkin already? I hope not, because I can’t resist just one more pumpkin recipe… Skip storebought and give these homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod a try. They look just lovely!