It’s Friday again, and fall is officially here. We’ve had a rather cool and dreary week this week, and I’m really not complaining. It’s been nice to pull out the sweaters, do some fall baking, and drink hot cider in the evenings! So, as you might have expected, a lot of this week’s favorites have a bit of a fall theme.
Before we get to the favorites, though, let me remind you of the BlogHer Food Pity Party that’s taking place this weekend… It’s a party for those of us who are not attending the BlogHer Food conference out in San Francisco. Though it started out as a bit of a joke, it has grown into something much more, with prizes, presentations, and lots of other fun. In fact, I prepared a video presentation that will be on the Ustream channel this weekend! You can find all of the details at the official #BHF10PP page (and don’t forget to follow the hashtag over the weekend).
Ok, before the pity party gets into full swing, be sure to check out these great posts. Enjoy!
- Check out these lovely Apple Cider Doughnut Holes from Sugarcrafter! I just can’t get enough of all of the amazing fall recipes from Sugarcrafter lately, and this one is definitely one of my favorites.
- I think this Mexican Chicken Casseroles from How To: Simplify looks great, but I am especially excited about the simple casserole formula included in the post. It’s a simple guide to getting creative and making a casserole of your own, using your favorite flavors. This is one you don’t want to miss!
- I love how I’ll be thinking about a flavor combination or a recipe, and then I take a look in my RSS reader, and the answer is right there in one of my favorite blogs. I had been contemplating fall themed granola recipes when I came across this Pumpkin Granola from Two Peas and Their Pod. Brilliant!
- I have a bit of a cardamom addiction lately. I’m not really sure how it started, but I’ve been adding cardamom to everything. So, naturally, I need to give this Carrot, Cardamom, and Coconut Soup from Evil Shenanigans a try. Isn’t it lovely?
- Since I am somewhat addicted to pumpkin at the moment, I love these Healthier Pumpkin Cupcakes from How Sweet It Is. They are made with whole wheat flour and are pretty light on the sugar… Well, until you add frosting, at least!
- I just can’t seem to get past the fall theme. If you like apples, you’ll love these Fuji Apple Tatin Ice Cream Sandwiches from Daydreamer Desserts. I adore absolutely everything that Josie makes, and these are no exception!