It has been 1 year since I started blogging and sharing my recipes here at My Kitchen Addiction… Can you believe it?
It’s hard for me to believe that it’s been a whole year already… In fact, it was so hard to believe that I totally forgot about it earlier this week (Jan 18th was the *real* 1 year blogiversary). I figured it’s OK to celebrate a few days late, and my Friday Favorites post seemed like a perfect opportunity!
I’ve mentioned before that I initially started my blog to have an online recipe binder for all of the dishes that I was creating in my kitchen. My original intention was to create a cookbook for my friends and family for Christmas, and I was just looking for somewhere to keep track of things. Since then, my blog has become much, much more (and I never did do the cookbook, because all of my recipes are online) thanks to all of you for reading… I appreciate everyone’s support, and I’m looking forward to another great year of blogging!
Ok, so enough of the sentimental stuff… On to the favorites! I’ve given you all the opportunity to see my husband’s favorite dishes over in my Husband’s Picks section, but it occurred to me that I have never shared my favorite dishes with you! So, for this week’s Friday Favorites, I present to you my favorite dishes from the past year!
- If I had to pick a single recipe that was my favorite from the past year, I think it would have to be these Shredded Beef Tacos made in my slow cooker. It’s a recipe that I have gone back to time and time again, and it’s great when I’m low on time.
- Hands down, my favorite dessert from the past year was the Cannoli I made for my Italian Birthday Celebration. Just looking at the pictures is making me want to whip up another batch of cannoli… They’re a bit labor-intensive but definitely worth the effort!
- I enjoy creating “store bought” foods at home, and these Chocolate Cherry Almond Poptarts are one of my favorites. They’re easy to make and are better than any packaged Poptart I’ve ever had!
- Just the other day, I was thinking about making this Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s been a little while since I made it, so I think it’s about time. As you might have guessed, my favorite part is the avocado on top… But, you can personalize it with your favorite toppings!
- It may sound strange, but another one of my favorite dishes from the past year is the Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts that I made for Thanksgiving. I have been making these Brussels a lot this winter, and they never fail!
- I have a sweet tooth and I also love all things coffee. So, I have to include these Mocha Espresso Cupcakes as one of my favorite dishes. They are often requested by my friends and family, and I am always happy to oblige!