Another week has come and gone, and it is now time for my Friday Favorites yet again, for the 34th week in a row!
Just last evening, my husband and I were talking about how fast time has been going lately. It’s hard to believe our puppy just turned 5 years old (but she’s still my baby), and we’ve been married for almost as long. It’s amazing how time flies, isn’t it? The holidays always seem to remind me of that. While I really love Thanksgiving, it is a reminder that another year has come and gone. It’s been good, though… I’m not complaining!
My Friday Favorites has sort of become my way to reflect back on the week. It’s amazing how I can read something on Monday morning and have forgotten about it by the time I get to Friday. (I guess that says something about my busy schedule, or maybe my memory as I’m getting older!) So, before this week passes us by completely, take a few minutes to check out some of the great blog posts from the past week!
- I have mentioned before that I am a cranberry fanatic. During my trip to the store today, I will most likely stockpile a few more bags of cranberries. Oh, and did I mention that I starred 6 (yes, I said s-i-x) different cranberry sauce recipes this week? Yes, I really do love cranberries that much. So, it is only natural that this beautiful Cranberry Crumb Cake from lululu at home caught my eye. It looks perfect for any holiday get together!
- Rivaling my love for cranberries is my love for avocado. These Avocado Eggrolls from Bread + Butter look fantastic. I am thinking that they would make some seriously good snacks during a football game.
- I had to chuckle as I read about Aebleskivers and Unitaskers from Apples and Butter. Just yesterday, I was at Williams-Sonoma admiring the aebleskiver pan, and I forced myself to walk away, hearing Alton Brown’s voice in my head. Actually, I hear Alton Brown’s voice in my head a lot when I’m cooking… Ok, maybe I’m sharing too much. Anyway, I’m still debating about one of these filled pancake pans.
- The weather here has been strange lately. We had a few really cold days, but lately it has felt more like April or May than November. I am waiting for a nice cold day to give this Roasted Cauliflower, Red Pepper, and Garlic Soup from Savor the Thyme a try. It just sounds cozy, and did I mention the color of the soup is absolutely beautiful?
- I don’t typically like to drink eggnog, but I do like the flavors. So, this year, I think I will just make this Eggnog Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust and Pomegranate Glaze from The Naptime Chef instead. Besides, did you see the gingersnap crust and pomegranates? I’d probably eat the whole cheesecake myself.