It’s Friday, which means it’s time for my Friday Favorites… Are all of you sick of these yet? I can’t believe I’ve written 29 weeks of favorites already. As far as I know, many of you are still reading (and even enjoying?) my list of favorite blog posts each week. As long as you’re still reading, I’ll keep writing!
While I enjoy writing about what I’m cooking in my kitchen, one of the best things that has come out of starting my blog is discovering so many other wonderful food blogs out there. I am always amazed by the creativity and knowledge of other food bloggers. This week’s favorite blog posts are just a few perfect examples!
- Speaking of knowledge, this week’s Works for Me Wednesday on Bake at 350 is all about making your own apple pie and pumpkin pie spice! The holidays are coming, and many holiday recipes call for one of these spice mixes. Don’t rush out to buy another jar of spices, just mix your own from the spices you (most likely) already have on hand!
- These Outrageous Cheesecake Swirled Brownies from The Purple Foodie have been on my must-bake list from the minute I saw a “sneak preview” picture on Twitter. Now that I’ve seen the whole post, I am even more excited to give these a try. Just take a look at the pictures and I’m pretty sure you’ll be hooked, too.
- While we’re talking about baked goods, make sure you take a look at these Spiced Apple Cookies from The Naptime Chef. Nothing says fall quite like apple recipes. Once you’ve had your fill of crisps and pies, be sure to give these cookies a try! Besides, cookies work well when you’re on the go. Try putting a crisp or a pie in your purse for an afternoon snack!
- If you’re a bagel fan, you must take a look at these New York-Style Bagels from The Sophisticated Gourmet. I am not typically much of a bagel eater, but these bagels look so good that they made me hungry for a bagel and cream cheese.
- Finally, I have to mention these Natural Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Treats from Delish. I know many of you like to bake for your doggies like I do. Instead of giving your pup scraps from the people treats you’re preparing for Halloween, make these tasty pumpkin treats instead. Your furry friend will thank you.