I must apologize for the tardiness of my Friday Favorites post this week. I was extremely busy with the Share Our Strength bake sale on Friday and Saturday and didn’t have much time to read or write any blog posts.
I am happy to say that the bake sale was a success – I am still accepting donations (until 6pm tonight to be eligible for the giveaway!) and getting the pictures and info together to share… I will be posting all of the details and pictures in a blog post tomorrow.
In the meantime, I thought it would be fitting to post my favorite baking posts this week:
- This Tiramisushi from Spork or Foon looks both delicious and adorable. I love tiramisu, and I think the little bite sized tiramisushi look fantastic! I want to give this recipe a try – perhaps as mini-desserts for a party!
- Other than pizza dough, I have stayed away from making yeast breads until very recently. In the last few weeks I have made dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls, so my confidence with yeast is growing. Next, I think I will try the Pains au chocolat from Joanna’s Food!
- I love discovering new food blogs… usually by making new friends on Foodbuzz. This week I became friends with Nutmeg Nanny and discovered this Banana Layer Cake with Caramel Cream and Pecans. The name alone sounds delicious – but be sure to take a look at the photos of the cake, too – irresistible!
- This week on La Fuji Mama’s blog was Cupcake Week. I think I starred every single recipe in my RSS reader, and I had a difficult time picking just one. However, in light of the bake sale, I decided to pick the Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes because they are a wonderful item if you plan on having a bake sale (especially in the morning). Be sure to check out the rest of the week’s posts, too – they were all great.
- My last pick of the week is this beautiful Vanilla Birthday Cake from Mindy’s Mouthful. For her first cake from scratch, I think it turned out beautifully. She colored the icing a beautiful pink color for her daughter’s birthday. Be sure to check out pictures!
Don’t forget to check out the bake sale details tomorrow!