In honor of Earth Day, I thought it was only appropriate that I pick my favorite Earth Day themed posts from the past week. I think it’s great that everyone gets into the spirit of Earth Day and tries to conserve energy and resources… I just always wonder if Earth Day resolutions are a lot like New Years resolutions – quickly forgotten in the weeks to come. My hope is that we will all have more success with our Earth Day resolutions… It is amazing how much little things can make a difference.
My Earth Day Resolutions:
- Organize my freezer and keep an inventory – I have a bad habit of standing in front of the freezer with the door open searching for something that I could have sworn was in there somewhere! Hopefully a little organization and an inventory will minimize the amount of time that the freezer door is hanging wide open.
- Plant a vegetable garden – This will be the second year that my husband and I are planting a vegetable garden in our backyard. We tilled the soil last weekend and added about 3 more feet to the width of the garden. I have started some pepper plants from seed, and I am looking forward to planting them outside soon. Eating home grown and locally grown produce is a great way to conserve energy – there is much less packaging and shipping (if any).
- Eat more vegetarian meals – Eating more “green” meals made with fresh veggies instead of animal products helps to reduce your carbon footprint and your waistline – it’s a win-win!
Here are my favorite Earth Day inspired blog posts of the week:
- Earth Friendly Wrap for One Good Loaf from La Fuji Mama – Delicious french bread and beautiful gift wrap ideas… What a perfect way to celebrate!
- Best Energy Saving Tips from Cooking with Amy – Energy saving tips for cooking, cleaning, and gardening. There are lots of great tips in this post… I might try a few of these in addition to my Earth Day resolutions.
- Jump Start on Earth Day from Iowa Girl Eats – A few more great ideas for your own Earth Day resolutions. She also has some delicious ideas for “green” eating, too!