In addition to my favorite blog posts of the week, which I will get to in just a bit, I would like to pass along an award that I received this week. I thought about posting this earlier in the week, but it seemed appropriate to post it as a part of my Friday Favorites.
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.”
“Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
I was happily surprised when I read Kelly’s post with the award. I am fairly new to blogging – particularly food blogging. I am still surprised and get excited when others comment on my site! So, I feel quite honored to be mentioned on a blog that I really admire – and to be listed with 7 other bloggers whose blogs I admire.
In the last few months, while I have been getting my blog up and running, I have been lucky enough to cross paths with many other delightful food bloggers who have been kind enough to provide input and encouragement along the way. So, I would like to pass the award along to eight of my favorite bloggers (so hard to just pick eight – in no particular order):
- Teanna at Spork or Foon
- Diana at Dianasaur Dishes
- Amy at Calm In The Kitchen
- Natasha at 5 Star Foodie
- Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats
- Jessie at Simply Scrumptious
- Reeni at Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice
- Kristin at The Kitchen Sink
Now on to my Friday Favorites…
For this week’s picks, I decided to stick with my cilantro and lime theme. I could continue to post hundreds of recipes using those two ingredients, but I think it is soon time for something new. So, as a final post in my Perfect Pairings series, I thought I would post the links to some other bloggers’ recipes from the past week that utilized cilantro and lime!
- This Sopa Pollo from La Fuji Mama looks delicious! The cilantro and lime juice are stirred into the soup after it has been removed from heat. The soup is then garnished with avocado – need I say more?
- I also found this Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin from The Kitchen Sink. The cilantro and lime are served on top of the pork, along with warm tortillas, avocado (have you noticed yet that I love avocado?), radishes, and sour cream. Yum!
- This Black Bean Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod is sure to be a delicious snack – and a healthy one, too! In addition to lime and cilantro, the salsa also has some bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onion, and jalapeno. You can’t go wrong with those ingredients!