It’s hard to believe it’s Friday already! I haven’t had a lot of time this week to post to my blog. I’ve been in Boston and haven’t really had time to write or to cook. I’ll be posting more about my trip next week. In the meantime, here are a few blog posts from the past week worth passing along:
- If you are a dog lover like I am, you will love these Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers from My Little Cupcake Blog. They look absolutely adorable and have only dog-friendly ingredients – none of the filler or by-products that you find in many of the dog treats at the store. My dog has a sensitive tummy, so I think I am going to try these with rye flour instead of wheat!
- I love to make paninis for lunch, so I am always keeping my eyes open for new panini ideas. These Broccoli Rabe and Turkey Paninis with Sundried Tomato Pesto from Simply Scrumptious caught my attention. I love the idea of adding sundried tomatoes to the pesto instead of just having the usual basil pesto all of the time.
- When I am in Boston, my favorite place to eat is Giacomo’s Restaurant on Hanover Street. When I saw this Butternut Squash Ziti from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice, I was immediately reminded of the butternut squash tortellini from Giacomo’s. Butternut squash (or you could probably use pumpkin) and bechamel are a marvelous combination! I will be trying this recipe.
- As I have mentioned before, I love avocados. This Guacamole from Dianasaur Dishes looks delicious. Diana writes beautiful blog posts to compliment her recipes – I would highly recommend adding her to your RSS reader!
- Finally, I came across these Skillet Brownies from The Kitchen Sink. I had seen something similar on TV a few weeks back, and I thought it was a clever idea. Just be sure that you don’t use a metal knife on your nonstick skillet when serving the brownies!
Those are my favorites from this week – stay tuned next week for more about my attempts to make Asian Cuisine and for highlights from my trip to Boston!